This is Australia
- Australia’s multicultural society is sophisticated and largely harmonious.
- More than 100 ethnic groups are represented in Australia, making Australia one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world.
- 47% of the population are either born outside of Australia, or have one parent born outside of Australia.
- International students are readily accepted by other students, and teachers are experienced in teaching classes to students from many countries.
- Australians respect the freedom of people to practise their choice of religion. Churches, mosques, temples and synagogues are located in most major cities.
- Some universities have their own spiritual groups on campus.
- Australia has low crime rates and strict gun control laws that provide a safe environment.
- Study plans and progress are not likely to be upset by political unrest.
- The 2011 OECD Better Life Index rates Australia as 9.3 out of 10 for safety.
- Australians are open, relaxed and friendly people so students usually find a warm welcome in Australia. Many students living in homestay situations experience Australian family life in a natural way and often find they are treated like a family member.
- 5 out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia (Top University Rankings 2012).
- Even though there are only 23 million people in Australia, it has the third highest number of International students in the world.
- Whether staying in homestay, boarding school or campus accommodation there are many opportunities to make lasting friendships.
Unique environment and experiences
- Australia is a land of contrasts and adventure from beaches in summer to snow fields in winter, and from coastal rainforests to vast inland deserts.
- Students can experience exciting leisure and sporting activities such as bushwalking, diving, surfing, and rockclimbing.
- Many students enjoy the opportunity to interact with Australian people through a range of cultural activites and sporting events.
- There are 17 UNESCO Heritage Sites including The Great Barrier Reef, Sydney Opera House and Kakadu National Park.
- Australia has sandy beaches, out back deserts, snow and mountains, it has every environment possible to suit all people from any walk in life seeking what ever environment they wish